Dr. Javier Gonzalez-Soria y Moreno de la Santa
International expert in online travel, eCommerce, eMarketing, mCommerce, connectivity and digital transformation
Academic Education and Professional Qualifications
- Degree in Law by the School of Law of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (www.ucm.es ) 1986-1991
- Lawyer, Member of the Madrid Bar since 1991, specialised in arbitration procedures. (www.icam.es )
- Degree in Economics by the School of Economics of the UNED (www.uned.es http://www.uned.es/webuned/areasgen/info/english.htm ) 1987-1992
- Degree in European Business Law by the University of London. –1991, second semester-
- Master in Auditing by the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca in Madrid (www.upsa.es) –1992/1993-
- Degree in High Accountancy by the School of Economics of the UNED (with the cooperation of the University-Enterprise Foundation and the Spanish Saving Banks Confederation. (http://www.uned.es/ciencias-economicas-empresariales/cursos/contabilidads/index.html ) -1993-
- Ph. D in Law by the School of Law of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (www.ucm.es ) and the UNED –1994-. Arbitration.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) since 1994 (www.iai.es/CerAID.asp )
- Master in Business Administration by the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid ( www.upm.es http://tecnologias.gio.etsit.upm.es/telecomunicaciones/master-mba–presencial–4.asp ) -1995-
- Degree in Auditing Practices by the Registro General de Auditores de Cuentas –1996, 3 months-
- Legal Auditor practising since 1996. Member of the ROAC with the number 16.629 (http://www.icac.meh.es/icac4.asp http://www.icac.meh.es/roac/ViewQS.asp?ID=16629).
- Ph. D in Economics by the School of Economics of the UNED (www.uned.es http://www.uned.es/webuned/areasgen/info/english.htm ) –2003-. Auditing.
- Stanford Executive Program Certificate in 2010 www.gsb.stanford.edu/exed/sep
- Member of the International Law Association, Spanish branch. (http://www.ila-hq.org )
- Member of the Internal Auditors Institute of Spain (www.iai.es ) since 1993 till 2004
- Member of the Steering Committee and President of the Audit Commission of the Asociación para el Control y la Dirección (ACODI) since 1996 ( www.acodi.es ) till 2005
- General Manager of the Consortium Eureka-Eurotourism. (www.consorcioeurotourism.org ) since 2002 till 2006
- Member of the Experts Commission designated by the Instituto de Contabilidad y Auditoría de Cuentas (http://www.icac.meh.es) in relation to the accountancy problems of the airline companies. –2002-
- Member of the International Experts Board of France’s Ministry of Tourism since 2003
- Member of the Advisory Committee of the Journalists and Communicators´ Chamber since 2004
- Associated Professor of Accountancy in the Department of Financial Economy and Accountancy II of the School of Economics of the Universidad Complutense de Madrid (www.uce.es ) since 2002
- Professor in various Postgraduate Courses related to management, Total Quality and arbitration, among others, in the Universidad Pontificia de Salamanca, in the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, in the Legal Practise School of the Universidad de Castilla La Mancha (www.uclm.es), in the Universidad de Alcalá de Henares (www.uah.es), in the Universidad de La Coruña (www.udc.es) , in the Institute of Internal Auditors of Spain, in the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, in the Escuela de Organización Industrial (www.eoi.es), in the Centro de Estudios Superiores CEU San Pablo (www.uspceu.com), in the Centro de Estudios Garrigues (www.centrogarrigues.com), etc.
- Lecturer in various Conferences, related to the world of tourism, arbitration, e-commerce, e-marketing and new Technologies in Europe, Canada, Puerto Rico, México and China.
- Founder and Director of the Course in Business Administration of Tourism Companies, organised by AMAVE (www.amave.org ) and the Universidad Católica de Avila (www.ucavila.es ), sponsored by the Madrid Government) –1997 to 2003-
- Founder and Coordinator of the Master in Business Administration of Touristic Companies, organised by AMAVE (www.amave.org ) and the Universidad Politécnica de Madrid (www.upm.es), supported by Tourspain –2000 to 2003-
- Founder and Director of the Preparatory Course for the R.O.A.C. admittance exam in 1996, 1998 and 2001. (UE habilitation to perform as a legal auditor)
- Several C-level roles, including Managing Director, at Mundicolor Iberia (November 1992 until February 2006). Mundicolor was he Spain leading tour operator.
- Managing Director, Google Travel Spain. (2006 – 2012). He was part of the managing team who launched Google in Spain, creating the travel vertical, which became one of the largest worldwide for the company.
- Founder & CEO, ConnectedtoGo (from April 2012 to March 2015).
. ConnectedtoGo is devoted to provide connectivity to travellers through MiFi Routers and local data fares and a unique business model based on a large network of travel partners. in January 31st 2014 Eurona Telecom, a listed company, bought the company and integrate it within the Group.
- Member of the Board, Hofmann (from October 2012 to January 2015)
In October 2012 Javier joined the Board of Hofmann, one of the European leaders in digital photography, representing Venture Capital firms Portobello and Realza, to help the company to face the challenge of Digital Transformation. It was brilliantly sold to Photobox in January 2015.
- CCO, Grupo Eurona Telecom (from february 2014 to march 2015) Grupo Eurona Telecom, a listed company and the largest independent telco in Spain, based in Barcelona and with presence in 10 countries,
- Co-founder & Member of the Board, Club Genteviajera (from 2015 to now)
Club Genteviajera, only accessible through www.genteviajera.es, is the digital side of the radio program Genteviajera, directed by Esther Eiros, the most successful travel program with a 1,2 m audience each week, broadcast by Onda Cero,
- CEO and Executive Vicepresident of the Advisory Board, Top Seeds Lab (from October 2015 to now)
- Senior Partner, Head of Travel & Transportation for Spain and Portugal, AVASANT (from October 2015 to now)
- CEO & General Partner, Travel Tech 1 Sociedad de Capital Riesgo, Venture Capital firm with 14M of funding devoted exclusively to invest in travel tech start ups (from July 2016 to now)
27* Author of various professional books, among which: “Las Responsabilidades de los Arbitros”; “Análisis Operativo y Práctico de la Fiscalidad de las Agencias de Viajes españolas”, commissioned by the General Tourism Secretary and the OMT; “Implementación práctica de un modelo de ABC/ABM”, commissioned by the International Costs Association; “La Auditoría Integral”, published by ACODI; “Regarding Travel and Emarketing”; as well as various technical articles for publications such as the School of Law of the UNED, Técnica Contable, etc